Are you tired of being tired in the middle of the day? Perhaps the classic 3 o’clock slump in energy, mood and focus is affecting your work or even your relationships. Getting down to the bottom of your energy crisis in the middle of the afternoon can help you regain your focus and get back to getting the job done.
While several different medical conditions can cause chronic fatigue – such as hypothyroidism, diabetes, Chronic Fatigue Immunodeficiency Syndrome and fibromyalgia – for most people, diet and lifestyle are the main culprits behind the mid-afternoon slump.
A poor diet filled with empty calories or barely any calories at all could be exactly what’s behind your personal 3 o’clock slump. Skipping breakfast in the morning slows down your metabolism, making your body have to work harder to keep up with your busy schedule. And many of the junk foods you may be calling lunch are filled with empty calories, sugar and processed flour, which make your blood sugar spike. As your blood sugar comes back down to earth, you can experience all the classic symptoms of the mid-afternoon slump: fatigue, lack of concentration and sleepiness. Not only that, but a poor diet means you’re not getting the proper vitamins and nutrients your body needs to keep the immune system going, meaning you’re leaving yourself open for anything from the common cold to gum disease.
Intrigued? Reach out to me with more questions. Join me on the Cleanse for Life! Let me help you feel renewed, reenergized and alive!
- Miner Man Challenge (MinerWoMan Challenge!) GOAL ON!
- Park City Ski Mountaineering Team will kick off it’s 2nd Season! Registration is Open! SkiMo now an Olympic Sport!
- Wyoming Backpacking & Trail-running Adventure with Kids
- To Run or Not to Run? That is the question- Zion Ultra Adventures 55km
- Monument Valley 50km Grand Circle Trail – In Beauty May I Run (A Navajo Prayer)