The 2nd Chamonix Cols et Cimes on Easter weekend- Saturday April 11, 2009 was a great success. The organisers of the course- the ski patrolers of the http://www.versant-sud.net/ did a great job accomadating with the foehn wind. (for full results and more pictures also check this site)
The race took place in the Aiguilles Rouge area above the Brevant-Flegere.
The course was technical, fitting to the alpine flavor of Chamonix, with half a dozen transitions from ski to boot packs to descents down techincal couloirs. These transition were favorable to my skills.
It is great to see ski alpinisme racing growing in the Chamonix Valley. This course debued our new local club with the Chamonix Club des Sports: Chamonix Ski Alpinisme http://www.chamonixskialpinisme.blogspot.com/ Competing from the club were Daniel Hoffman- President, Nina Silitch-vice president, Nuno Cateono – Secretaire and Michael Silitch-club guide.
Add Widgets (Universal Sidebar)
This is your Universal Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Universal Sidebar area.
- Miner Man Challenge (MinerWoMan Challenge!) GOAL ON!
- Park City Ski Mountaineering Team will kick off it’s 2nd Season! Registration is Open! SkiMo now an Olympic Sport!
- Wyoming Backpacking & Trail-running Adventure with Kids
- To Run or Not to Run? That is the question- Zion Ultra Adventures 55km
- Monument Valley 50km Grand Circle Trail – In Beauty May I Run (A Navajo Prayer)