In mid November our local Chamonix Ski Alpinisme club headed to Cervinia, Italy for some on snow early training.
Fortunately, Cervinia,which is less than 2hrs from Chamonix, and sits at at 2,006 m (6,581 ft) above sea level, at the foot of the Matterhorn, had plenty of snow for some good base training at altitude. The trail climbs from the base of the village all the way up to 3480m in elevation to the Testa Grigia hut.
The focus of the weekend was to get out on snow, do some avalanche training (very important at the beginning of each season) and put in some easy distance at altitude. You can’t go wrong when fueled by Italian polenta or pasta.
Add Widgets (Universal Sidebar)
This is your Universal Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Universal Sidebar area.
- Miner Man Challenge (MinerWoMan Challenge!) GOAL ON!
- Park City Ski Mountaineering Team will kick off it’s 2nd Season! Registration is Open! SkiMo now an Olympic Sport!
- Wyoming Backpacking & Trail-running Adventure with Kids
- To Run or Not to Run? That is the question- Zion Ultra Adventures 55km
- Monument Valley 50km Grand Circle Trail – In Beauty May I Run (A Navajo Prayer)