The last world cup of the season was in Zakopane, Poland home of the ski jumping world cup and gateway to the Tatra’s Mountains. Unfortunately due to the weather, we never really saw the mountains but they sure do look beautiful in the photos.
Even though we could not due the planned course, the organizers did an exceptional job creating a descent course with the conditions we had.
It was one of the best organized races I have been to and the enthusiasm for ski mountaineering was also impressive.
We also enjoyed seeing and experiencing the culture of Zakopane. In my mind, one of the best way to see another country is to go to a race and experience the culture through meeting the locals.
Add Widgets (Universal Sidebar)
This is your Universal Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Universal Sidebar area.
- Miner Man Challenge (MinerWoMan Challenge!) GOAL ON!
- Park City Ski Mountaineering Team will kick off it’s 2nd Season! Registration is Open! SkiMo now an Olympic Sport!
- Wyoming Backpacking & Trail-running Adventure with Kids
- To Run or Not to Run? That is the question- Zion Ultra Adventures 55km
- Monument Valley 50km Grand Circle Trail – In Beauty May I Run (A Navajo Prayer)