Our 9 year old has been asking for skimo gear for at least 2 years now and finally at the end of his alpine season, Michael made it happen and this weekend christened the sport together!
He is no stranger to running by my side. This past summer he was a great little pacer on the way up to Col de Grand Ferret in the CCC Ultra Trail.
On sunday, La Peux Y’a course, not too far from Chamonix organized by the local ski school. It was a great ambience and gave a chance for these little champions to test out their skills. Birken and Camille, both 9 years old and both only on rando gear 1x before gave it their best effort and had a great time.
So here’s to our future generation of skimo racers!
Parents, continue to be role models for your children and continue to inspire them to get out there and enjoy the adventure with you!
Add Widgets (Universal Sidebar)
This is your Universal Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Universal Sidebar area.
- Miner Man Challenge (MinerWoMan Challenge!) GOAL ON!
- Park City Ski Mountaineering Team will kick off it’s 2nd Season! Registration is Open! SkiMo now an Olympic Sport!
- Wyoming Backpacking & Trail-running Adventure with Kids
- To Run or Not to Run? That is the question- Zion Ultra Adventures 55km
- Monument Valley 50km Grand Circle Trail – In Beauty May I Run (A Navajo Prayer)