● Member of USA ski mountaineering team
● Selected for World Championships and competed in World Cup 2008·
● 2nd Place, TSF-Millet- 2 day stage race in France, 2-9 & 2-10’08
● 3rd place, Le Verte Envers- uphill, France, 2-12-08
● 3rd, Praz-Sur Arley uphill-France, 2-2-08
● First American women to compete in famous Swiss ski mountaineering race, The Patrouille des Glaciers- 7th place, April 2008·
● First all-American team to compete in French 4 day stage ski mountaineering race- Pierra Menta- 14th place, March 2008·
● top 10 most of the year on the French National rankings -ffme
Summer Training trail running :
2nd place women 18k Combloux trail May 2008
● 10th place women Mont Blanc Marathon 42km w/ 2450+gain, June 2009
● 10th place, womenMont Blanc Ultra Trail- CCC 98km, 5540 meters up August 29th, 2008
I would like to thank each of my sponsors individually:
Oakley is the top of the line in eye wear. Having a good pair of goggles or sunglasses is essential in a race that relies so much on the elements of nature. I can count on Oakely to protect my eyes through hail, sleet sun and wind. The women’s radar is good protection with cool women’s colors and the xs o frame is a small light goggle that is great for racing! http://oakley.com/women/radar
Lightweight carbon ski mountaineering boots that weigh almost as light as my salomon skate race boots and ski as well as a stiff alpine boot. These are a state of the art design. This year Pierre is coming out with a light weight inner boot. http://www.pierregignoux.fr/
I learned the hard way. When I first started racing a few years ago I was in 1st place and then my skins failed on the last hill and I did not have a 2nd pair. Now I know. Pomoca skins are the top of the line. Even in longer races I did not have to switch to my 2nd pair because the skin glue is excellent and the glide is fast! http://www.pomoca.com/
Are you coming to Chamonix and would like to dine in style or stay at one of the most luxurious hotels in the Alps with excellent customer care? The Relais & Châteaux hotel’s two restaurants can meet your palates’ delight-The traditional alpine cuisine of the Restaurant Maison Carrier or the fine dining of the Albert Premier. And Pierre Maillet, the chef at the Michelin 2 star restaurant must be the fittest french chef around as an avid ultra runner of the Mont Blanc Ultra Trail, cyclist and ski mountaineer himself. http://www.hameaualbert.fr/
The World Cup Duo Race is an excellent, lightweight but durable ski that carves well through all conditions and can stand up to the tests of ski mountaineering.
http://www.arva-equipment.com/ French Distributor
I have been wearing Smartwool socks for sports and casual wear for many years. For ski mountaineering racing I wear the Ski race light. My feet were well protected this year on the Mont Blanc Ultra trail with the PHD trail socks. In ski mountaineering, staying warm and dry but not too hot is essential. Under a race suit I can’t go wrong with the women’s microweight NTS boy briefs and microweight NTS crew. https://www.smartwool.com/default.cfm
The TcC is the top of the line watch for ski mountaineering and ultra running as it works directly with heart rate, training and altimeter. It is user friendly and you can link your training directly to the computer. I could not recommend it more http://www.suunto.com/suunto/main/index.jsp
Isis clothing for Women
Isis clothing has helped me stay warm and dry through out my training and racing efforts this past season. It’s fun femine flair makes it even more appealing. The Whisper jacket is a great piece to put on after a hard training or race finish. I love that the company is run by women and designs clothing for women who love the outdoors.
Add Widgets (Universal Sidebar)
This is your Universal Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Universal Sidebar area.
- Miner Man Challenge (MinerWoMan Challenge!) GOAL ON!
- Park City Ski Mountaineering Team will kick off it’s 2nd Season! Registration is Open! SkiMo now an Olympic Sport!
- Wyoming Backpacking & Trail-running Adventure with Kids
- To Run or Not to Run? That is the question- Zion Ultra Adventures 55km
- Monument Valley 50km Grand Circle Trail – In Beauty May I Run (A Navajo Prayer)