When a Christmas Cactus blooms lots of blooms it usually means a good snow year…and love is alive. This Christmas catus is 7 years old. We moved to Chamonix 7 years ago and I put on my first pair of rando skis 7 years ago. Little did I know back then, that I would be rando racing 7 years later with 2 young children and loving the sport! 7 Years ago, Michael gave me my first rando skis and this Christmas Cactus for my birthday and 7 years later…it is still going strong.
Dryland training has been spent in the gym developing core strength and balance, in the pool for some cross training, rollar skiing and ski hiking to simulate the sport of rando skiing.
The first session on snow was a distance workout in Cervinia climbing up to 3400 meters -followed by a welcoming smile of our friends at the Guides Hut and a great plate of pasta-al dente! The ski down was even better. The conditions were mid winter and excellent.
Nordic tracks have been set in Arpi, Italy. Michael, Birken and I decided to join the French and Italian national ski teams and do a bit of track skiing and find some good snow. Arpi is an amazing old mining village set at the top of multiple switch backs. A hidden gem for early snow.
Add Widgets (Universal Sidebar)
This is your Universal Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Universal Sidebar area.
- Miner Man Challenge (MinerWoMan Challenge!) GOAL ON!
- Park City Ski Mountaineering Team will kick off it’s 2nd Season! Registration is Open! SkiMo now an Olympic Sport!
- Wyoming Backpacking & Trail-running Adventure with Kids
- To Run or Not to Run? That is the question- Zion Ultra Adventures 55km
- Monument Valley 50km Grand Circle Trail – In Beauty May I Run (A Navajo Prayer)