The course started above town which made for a good warmup. It wove up some old summer alpage roads through the trees and broke out above treeline with two technical sections. The first one was a boot pack where boot crampons were required and the second was without. There was also a fixed line to clip into with a sling. All in all the course had 1840 meters of climbing (skinning plus the boot pack) and 1780 meters of descent over a distance of 18 km. Some of the descending was steep and through the trees. It was a pretty course, especially up high where we traversed a limestone ridge. There were exceptional views of the classic limestone Dolomite towers.
Add Widgets (Universal Sidebar)
This is your Universal Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Universal Sidebar area.
- Miner Man Challenge (MinerWoMan Challenge!) GOAL ON!
- Park City Ski Mountaineering Team will kick off it’s 2nd Season! Registration is Open! SkiMo now an Olympic Sport!
- Wyoming Backpacking & Trail-running Adventure with Kids
- To Run or Not to Run? That is the question- Zion Ultra Adventures 55km
- Monument Valley 50km Grand Circle Trail – In Beauty May I Run (A Navajo Prayer)