Highlights so far from the World Champs:
The World Championships in ski mountaineering has been a goal for me this season and it is amazing that they are here already! There has been much hard work and preparation to get this far. I arrived in Andorra on saturday evening and met my fellow USA teammates who had arrived and were working on getting over jetlag. Here we are joined by 23 other nations from all over the world, some coming as far as China, Japan, Argentina and South Korea. All these countries are trying hard to grow the sport of ski mountaineering in their country so some day it becomes an olympic event.
Here is the Week Schedule:
Monday: Vertical race
Tuesday: rest and recon the ind course
Wednesday: Individual course
Thursday: Rest and recon team course
Friday: Team Race
Saturday: Team Relays
Here are some pictures and highlights so far from the week: (that is me in the USA star suit)
or link to this picassa album
For more details on the races, photos, results from the week this is a great link:
Add Widgets (Universal Sidebar)
This is your Universal Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Universal Sidebar area.
- Miner Man Challenge (MinerWoMan Challenge!) GOAL ON!
- Park City Ski Mountaineering Team will kick off it’s 2nd Season! Registration is Open! SkiMo now an Olympic Sport!
- Wyoming Backpacking & Trail-running Adventure with Kids
- To Run or Not to Run? That is the question- Zion Ultra Adventures 55km
- Monument Valley 50km Grand Circle Trail – In Beauty May I Run (A Navajo Prayer)