A few photos from the: Grand Trail Valdigne in Aosta valley on Saturday July 10th, not too far from my home in Chamonix. I have always wanted to do this race, but normally am not around in July. It is always fun to race in Italy. You are assured a great cappuccino- great pasta and of course limoncello. This was about one of the most memorable trail races I have done and by far my best result yet. The total distance was 41km and 3100 m of climbing (elevation gain). It was super technical, and varied terrain, all of which I love. Needless to say I expected to be out there for around 7 hrs and rolled in about 7:15 placing 2nd overall for the women and 14th overall for men and women with the men’s finishing time just an hour before.
I managed to pass the women in I could see the dark thundercloud approaching and it did not hit til I was down in the forests of the larch trees. The terrain on the Italian side of Mt Blanc is much drier, with beautiful pine and larch forests.
Add Widgets (Universal Sidebar)
This is your Universal Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Universal Sidebar area.
- Miner Man Challenge (MinerWoMan Challenge!) GOAL ON!
- Park City Ski Mountaineering Team will kick off it’s 2nd Season! Registration is Open! SkiMo now an Olympic Sport!
- Wyoming Backpacking & Trail-running Adventure with Kids
- To Run or Not to Run? That is the question- Zion Ultra Adventures 55km
- Monument Valley 50km Grand Circle Trail – In Beauty May I Run (A Navajo Prayer)