We finally took advantage of the pass we have at Verbier and spent a couple days at the Cabane de Mont Fort, The cabane lies on the slopes of Verbier at an altitude of 2457m. It is a regular stop for those doing the famous “Haute Route” ski tour from Chamonix to Zermatt. We had the luxury of having a family room.
The boys were ecstatic to have bunk beds. This was a perfect altitude for sleeping and training at as I prepped for the last races of the season, the Mezzalama. I took advantage of the great weather, set my alarm with the “haute routers” and set off with my skis and skins to catch the morning sunrise
I returned back with plenty of time for breakfast back at the cabin.
and then spend the days skiing the slopes with the boys.
I had my eye on a couloir just above the hut. The next morning I set off and had a nice little ski down and then once again was back for breakfast.
Check out the great Wild Roses Dreamline here!
Add Widgets (Universal Sidebar)
This is your Universal Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Universal Sidebar area.
- Miner Man Challenge (MinerWoMan Challenge!) GOAL ON!
- Park City Ski Mountaineering Team will kick off it’s 2nd Season! Registration is Open! SkiMo now an Olympic Sport!
- Wyoming Backpacking & Trail-running Adventure with Kids
- To Run or Not to Run? That is the question- Zion Ultra Adventures 55km
- Monument Valley 50km Grand Circle Trail – In Beauty May I Run (A Navajo Prayer)