For me summertime is about hitting the trails, enjoying the mountains and spending time with my family.
We had a chance to visit Zermatt en famille and hit the trails together.
In July, I had a chance to travel home with my boys to visit my family in Maine. There, I hit the famous Appalachian Trail, and ran the Bigalow Range- 30km of the range crossing over 4 peaks.
I was quite happy to return back to the pond for a swim!
In Maine, I had a chance to do some cross training with my boys.
Not only did I spend some time in the mountains, but also tried to move some mountains. I mean mountains of accumulated things, stuff we don’t need. Moving to a new location can be both overwhelming and freeing at the same time. It really is amazing what one can collect over a number of years, and I guess I am kind of a pack rat when it comes to things. Race t-shirts, numbers….etc. Moves can add stress to your life, but can also open new windows and bring new light.
Next post I write I will be done with the move, my biggest goal this summer.
My next training goal is the Sierre Zinal, a classic Swiss mountain trail race of 31km, Sunday, August 14th, I will hit the trails in Swiss, Valais and let off some steam from packing moving.
Thanks for reading ! Enjoy your time on the trails!
Add Widgets (Universal Sidebar)
This is your Universal Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Universal Sidebar area.
- Miner Man Challenge (MinerWoMan Challenge!) GOAL ON!
- Park City Ski Mountaineering Team will kick off it’s 2nd Season! Registration is Open! SkiMo now an Olympic Sport!
- Wyoming Backpacking & Trail-running Adventure with Kids
- To Run or Not to Run? That is the question- Zion Ultra Adventures 55km
- Monument Valley 50km Grand Circle Trail – In Beauty May I Run (A Navajo Prayer)